Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gorgeous Fall Harvest at Old Town Alexandria Farmers' Market: Apples, String Beans, Corn, Fresh Breads and Fall Wreaths!

Love our farmers' markets in Alexandria -- both downtown and in my hood, Del Ray.  Always, delicious, fresh, beautiful and fun!  These photos are from our visit to the Old Town market on Saturday morning.  Enjoy!
 Happy customer choosing some great looking veggies.
 I stopped this woman to ask where she bought the gorgeous red sunflowers (vendor on the North West corner of the plaza).  Yup, brought two beautiful bunches home for my favorite white vase.
 
Mom, in black jacket, tasting her way down the row of fresh breads.  She brought home the fully wrapped, marbled looking one on the right -- spinach and feta loaf.   

 Mom holding a beautiful blue hydrangea square wreath at my favorite floral design designer's stop in the market, Natural Designs ... BTW, Mom is 72.  Gorgeous, huh? Yup, I know.  I wish I worked out half as much as she did!
See the pretty red (dyed!) sunflowers Mom has in her bag.  And, no, I could not resist that new wreath, top row, of acorns, pods, and chestnuts.  Will take photos as soon as I figure out where to hang it ...
Love this new Bordeaux straw flower version of the barley wreath I bought form Anne (with yellow straw flowers) that is hanging on my front door!
My front door!
Hope you are having a great day and are looking forward to the weekend.  TGI Hump Day!
xoxo JPV

No comments:

Post a Comment