Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lobstarama Goes Lobstah Ravioli (LobRav!)

I lived in Southern California when for two years from 21-23.  I represented a fun restaurant out there doing PR.  I used to hang out the chefs.  One, named, NOT kidding, Fabio, a few years fresh from Trieste, Italy (so close the border accounted for his being a 6'5" redhead).  He showed me the easiest way to make ravioli that everyone uses now:  the fabulous wonton wrapper.  Open a can of pumpkin puree, scoop onto a wrapper, use a little water to seal it into a triangle shape over the filling, boil very gently and voila!  Serve with sauce to dip in or as a dish on its own.



With all of that leftover lobster meat, and mom taking Valentine + Valentine (my husband and his wonderful brother) to wait in line for tickets to watch batting practice at Fenway (Red Sox - White Sox game, V+V are rabid fans of the latter), I decided to put that lobster meat to good use. 


Found a great recipe on epicurious that that would really keep the ingredients dry, which is key.  I tweaked it a little, including using egg to make the seal (like glue), and using half the amount of filling to make both triangles and tortellonis (bishop's hats).  Also, I threw the ingredients into a mixer to smooth them out more than my hand mixing could do.

These are the ingredients and the link to the epicurious recipe.  In red were the minor changes I made.  It came out exactly as it should.  Scroll down for more photos!

2 C. Lobster meat, cooked and chopped
1/4 C. Ricotta cheese (Fat free) * I used full fat because it was all they had at the Golden Goose.
3 Oz. Goats milk cheese
1/3 C. Pine nuts, toasted and chopped
1.5 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, grated, *I used an extra tablespoon or so
1 Tbs. Scallions, minced
1 Tsp. Parsley, minced
1 Tsp. Dill, minced * Dried from the spice cabinet worked out perfectly
1/2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 Tsp. Tabasco * I added one tiny drop, did not measure
Dash of salt
1 Pkg. Wonton wrappers

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/LOBSTER-RAVIOLI-1200865#ixzz1Ok9Uz94G

And theses:  become that --->



 
LobRav as far as the little crackberrycameraphone can seeee!

Lovely, yes?
 Time out -- taking a moment to admire mom's gorgeous cork flooring:



And awesome fridge that looks like the cabinetry.


 The lobravs were DELICIOUS!  Many, many are frozen.  Mom had some and loved them.  I hand carried some back to DC and while they were delish, that first 24 hours of freshness was the BEST!

Thanks for coming to the blog, sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I love ya for coming and I will try to be a bettah friend and get this fun stuff up.  Hi Mom!

xoxox
moi

No comments:

Post a Comment