Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Going Places?

Called Mom in the hospital.  She sounds great.  She said, excitedly, “You know how I get up and after five minutes I’m so exhausted that I have to sleep for two hours?”  Yes.  “Well I feel great and I am up and about and have been for a while now!”  If she was home, this means:  I got up (at normal 5 AM), cleaned the house, emailed, Facebooked, handled paperwork, went to gym for step aerobics and lifting, worked on the website or posters or donations for the Christopher Columbus Park and worked in its rose garden. And cooked a chicken.

At the moment, though, she’s in the hospital.  With mystery pneumonia.

So exactly what does up and about mean when you have a tube in your lung attached TO A WALL? 

Just asking.

She said, “Well, I can’t go very far.”  Like the bed?  “Yes, and a chair.”

Thank you JudyGroupers and everyone for their well wishes and prayers!

Go Mom! Feeling better.  Phew.  Maybe home by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment